Stadi Za Maisha Trust Programs
Stadi Gifted and Talented Enrichment Program (SGTEP) is an alternative learning initiative that looks at the interest area of the learner’s academic and intellectual abilities. The program has also been designed to address the psychosocial abilities of the learners in line with the Competency-based Curriculum (CBC). This is undertaken through early identification, mentorship, and placement. The program creates a stimulating learning environment that assists learners to overcome challenges that may place them “high – the risk of academic and intellectual failure” and unwanted behavior that makes them less productive in their communities. SGTEP targets children and youth within the age bracket of 5 – 24 years in and out of school.
We believe in early identification and intervention of gifted and talented young persons. Children and young people who are gifted and talented should be given an environment that helps them to recognize and realize their full potential while instilling in them skills and values that cultivate their gifts and talents. We are committed to acknowledging and supporting the needs of Gifted and Talented children and youth in Kenya.
SGTEP inspires to give opportunities to all learners and young people who are gifted and talented in high-quality and rigorous intellectual enhancement activities, through the development of individual learner’s strengths, giftedness, talents, and interests. The effectiveness of our program encompasses the following six concepts: identification, screening, assessment, categorization, mentorship, and placement. Upon identification, gifted and talented learners and youth are offered special services to help them maximize their potential. This could be through academic pursuits or extracurricular activities and leadership. The SGTEP program has a wide range of activities that should be more beneficial to all learners who are gifted and talented.
Goals and Objectives
The overall goal is to enhance and empower the holistic nature of young persons through the development of their strengths, giftedness, talents, and interests with the aim of making them useful citizens.
- To empower G&T persons both in and out of school with psychosocial competence and Educational opportunities
- To increase awareness of G&T programs and ensure equitable access to G&T services at national and regional levels
- To strengthen the technical and institutional capacity of the stakeholders implementing G&T activities both at national & regional levels
- To network and collaborate with government agencies and the private sector in rendering services for G&T persons
- To liaise with international agencies and friends to improve G&T services in the country
- To establish a database through research and disseminate findings to stakeholders for the benefit of G&T persons in the country